LEXUS DESIGN AWARD 2022 ENTRIES OPEN
ABOUT THE AWARD
Lexus Design Award calls upon young creative talent around the world to “Design for a Better Tomorrow”. Since 2013, this international design competition has provided the chance of a lifetime for up-and-coming designers to win the prestigious award for innovative design excellence. Finalists will be funded to build their prototypes with world-class mentors, and reach unparalleled exposure to the global design community and media.
October 10th, 2021, 23:59 CET
6 Finalists will present their works to a panel of esteemed judges and one Grand Prix Winner will be selected.
Before the Grand Prix selection, Finalists will have a workshop with world class design professionals serving as Mentors to develop their prototypes. There will be continual follow-up by the Mentors as the Finalists develop their designs into physical prototypes. Prototype production cost up to 3 million JPY (over $25,000 USD), including tax, is covered. Six finalists will also have an opportunity to expand their professional horizons by engaging the four judges in dialogue, one-on-one.
Concepts must anticipate a challenge of the future, address that challenge with an innovative solution, and captivate the imagination with its exceptional design.
- Read and understand the Guiding Principle,Official Rules and other requirements and facts stated on Lexus Design Award 2022 Website.
- Submit the Lexus Design Award 2022 registration form.
- Select a log-in password for entry. Lexus Design Award 2022 is not responsible for unauthorized access to an entrant’s account, so please create a strong password and keep it secure.
- Submit entries. There is no limit to the number of entries per person.
Lexus Design Award 2022 is open to professional, amateur and student designers (the “Entrant(s)”) from any country or region in the world. Entrants must be adults (determined by the age of majority in their place of residence) by the conclusion of the competition period.
Those not eligible to participate in Lexus Design Award 2022 include:
- Persons without legal standing in their place of residence
- Employees of Toyota Motor Corporation, The Organizer and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and distributors
- Family members of employees of Toyota Motor Corporation, The Organizer and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and distributors
- Anyone living in the same household with an employee of Toyota Motor Corporation, The Organizer and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and distributors
CONTENT GUIDELINES AND DISCLAIMERS
- Entries must be submitted to the Lexus Design Award 2022 website. There is no limit on the number of entries per person.
- Entries must be submitted in English only. Any entry with incomplete, inaccurate or incomprehensible information may be disqualified at the sole discretion of The Organizer.
- Entrants may submit work previously submitted to other competitions only if the work has not won any previous awards.
- File upload requirements are on https://lexusdesignaward.awardsplatform.com.
- Work deemed offensive, abusive or threatening on the grounds of race, ethnicity, gender or sexual preference will be disqualified.
- Work that is libelous, vulgar, obscene, or violent; or work that depicts or involves physical harm to any person or animal will be disqualified.
- All work must be the Entrant’s wholly original creation (with the exception of material in the public domain). In the event that recorded music is used, the music must be composed and performed solely by the entrant; otherwise, the entry is subject to disqualification. By submitting the entry, the Entrant acknowledges that the entire work is his or her original creation and that no other person or entity has any right or claim to the work. Furthermore, the Entrant affirms that to the best of his or her knowledge the work does not infringe on copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights.
- Entries that contain brand names, trademarks or company logos may be disqualified.
- Any work that displays a watermark or artist signature may be disqualified.
- In the event that an Entry contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse, or any other corruptive code that harms the Lexus Design Award 2022 website, or damages the public image or reputation of The Organizer or Lexus Design Award 2022, the Entrant may be held responsible and prosecuted by law.
READ MORE & APPLY ON LINK BELOW: